Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof & Turn Signal Problem: 2003 C230K Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Default Sunroof & Turn Signal Problem: 2003 C230K Coupe

1. Sunroof shade stopped working recently:
I noticed there was a problem when I went to put the shade back and couldn’t hold the button in to make it retract fully; I had to litterly press the button repeatedly to get the shade all the way back. When I wanted to close the shade, I could hold the button in and it would fully close. Decided I wanted it open again, so I pressed the button several times until it was fully retracted went to close it a bit later and the shadw wouldn’t close at all – it’s still open at this point in time.
2. The right front turn signal doesn’t work:
Bought a replacement bulb, changed it out and it still doesn’t work. The old bulb and the new bulb both work on the left side. My husband said someone mentioned to him it’s the relay for that light – how do we get this fixed? Is this something we can do ourselves or do we need to go to a Benz mechanic? If we can do it ourselves, where do we get the part?

Any sugguestions or help are greatly appreciated - I'd like to get these things fixed asap!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Default RE: Sunroof & Turn Signal Problem: 2003 C230K Coupe

The turn signal problem should have nothing to do with any relays. The answer is very simple.
The following is info I have posted several times about theturn signal problem.

I had this done under warantee on my 02 C230 coupe many moons ago. As you have found out the bulbs and the old turn signal holder create arcing if they are loose (many MB cars have loose fitting sockets) which causes intermittent signal failure. New bulbs don't solve the problem. Both of mine failed. The new setup includes new turn signal holder sockets and direct wiring to both sides of the socket. Parts are available at MB dealerreplace both sockets at the same time. If one is faulty, the odds are good both are faulty.

According to others on this forum it can be fixed by yourself. Search member "JWM" where he did it himself. The dealer took less than a half hour to do the job on my car back in 2004. Many people have had this problem.

About the sunroof shade, perhaps your switch has gone as opposed to the blindjust a thought.