Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Help please, C320, Drivers seat wont move back

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Default Help please, C320, Drivers seat wont move back

I'm looking for some helpful advice here.
My wife has a 2001 C320 and it's a great little car except for this one bug. Sometimes the power seat won't move backwards. When this happens I can't fit in the drivers seat safely and comfortably. I've read some of the forums that talk about reseting the seat with the "10 second button push", that doesn't help. I know it's not a blown fuse because the seat will move forward, just not backwards. It's only the lower motor on the seat, back and down won't work, up and forward will. The presets don't move the seat any different than the adjustment buttons. When I push the button for back I hear a click like something is activating but there is no seat motion. I've checked the track for obstacles but found none. Sometimes the seat works but lately it's more finicky as to when.
If someone could guide me to troubleshooting tips or a really good manual I would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:31 PM
NAZ
Default RE: Help please, C320, Drivers seat wont move back

ok wat you need to is to check the fuses in the trunk,althought the seat is movin,its a 30amp fuse.remove it and inspect it,let me how you get on...................

Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, I've been going back and forth between several online resources and the car. Power seats could be their own forum.
The fuses looks good, no corrosion and good connection. Also checked the two fuses in the fusebox by the steering wheel, same thing.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Well since no one else is being helpful I thought I'd at least report what I have done. One forum said that the seat modules were similar (passenger and driver), on mine they're similar but they have different part numbers. The passenger one doesn't function in the drivers seat. Bus address? Really different functionally? Who knows. When I tested the voltage to the pins on the module I saw 12VDC on the pins so I knew I was down to bad connector/ bad motor/ something unseen wedged in tracks. I plugged in the module (BTW its the black connector for up/dwn/frnt/back) and it worked again. The seat has full mobility. That means all I did was disconnect power to the module. Some folks said those can be reset so I am all right for now. We'll let time be the judge on the repair, I understand this can be a reoccurring thing.
/rant/
Thanks for the lack of support though, so far the MB community is nothing like the Linux one where all posts get help.
/end rant/

Old 03-25-2017, 03:32 AM

The drivers seat in my CLS350 will not move forward or backwards please advise how I move it, all the electrics in the chair are working fine.?

Old 03-28-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by BenzforT
I'm looking for some helpful advice here.
My wife has a 2001 C320 and it's a great little car except for this one bug. Sometimes the power seat won't move backwards. When this happens I can't fit in the drivers seat safely and comfortably. I've read some of the forums that talk about reseting the seat with the "10 second button push", that doesn't help. I know it's not a blown fuse because the seat will move forward, just not backwards. It's only the lower motor on the seat, back and down won't work, up and forward will. The presets don't move the seat any different than the adjustment buttons. When I push the button for back I hear a click like something is activating but there is no seat motion. I've checked the track for obstacles but found none. Sometimes the seat works but lately it's more finicky as to when.
If someone could guide me to troubleshooting tips or a really good manual I would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks in advance.

Check out the link below to one of our site's DIY tech articles - you mentioned that the switches were not responding, that could be part of the issue.

Mercedes-Benz W203 Seat Switch Replacement - (2001-2007) C230, C280, C350, C240, C320 | Pelican Parts DIY Maintenance Article

-Dmitry