Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C320 Battery Replacement Problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Default RE: C320 Battery Replacement Problems

The module is expensive I hear, don't know the exact numbers but consider this, it's a very common problem in the C320 (2001 and 2002) so there really isn't much diagnosis an experienced MB tech has to do. Also, unplugging a module and plugging in a new one for $456 labor, ouch, that was one high priced mechanic you have, makes a heck of a lot more money than I do, what is that, $900/hr.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:42 PM

its not just about plugging in a new module..they charge for diag and replacement,...a current draw test could be VERY time consuming..i know because i have lost my *** on some jobs and only charging 3 hrs of labor because i dont want to over charge the customer

Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 AM

Would you please send the info how to resolve ESP message? I had the same problem when I disconnected the battery and now there is ESP code. Thanks very much

Old 02-07-2008, 04:40 PM

todo: Ihave thesame exact issue! In my case, the MB Svc Ctr - diagnosed the problem to both Driver & passengerseat modules. They have indicated to me that there is about 2AMP drain on a newly installed battery. Cost to replace the modules is just about double of what you paid.

Wish I kenw a reliable & trustworth Mechanic Shop in GTA!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 PM

My 2001 C320 driver seat acts up all the time!! sometimes it does not go forwards and backwards (all the other items work fine, recline, up and down etc). Should I replace the power seat module? Does anyone have a part number?

Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 AM

tell u... u must scan ur car using STAR/DAS... or else u cant erase the fault code.... and using the DAS... u can just know what fault code for the srs or esp... didnt u make learning to ur steering adter reconnect the battery? after disconnect the battery... everything of the control module will got fault code.. cause low battery voltage,.., by the way.. if ur car battery undervoltage... ur car wil come into emergency mode... it will cut the convinience feature of ur car to save battery... like cigarette, seat adjustment, interior lighting...SCAN UR CAR USING DAS AND U JUST CAN SOLVE UR CAR with correct procedure/

Old 04-09-2008, 10:49 AM

after disconnect and reconnect the battery... the instrument will appear esp... u jsut need to turn ur steering to left.... and wait 3 second.. and turn to right... and 3 second... and turn to mid... thats all...the procedure to let the steering learn the angle...

Old 04-21-2008, 07:34 AM

Hi,

I just replaced my battery in my C230K sports coupe. I called Mercedes Roadside Assistance. They will come out and replace it with no labor charge and do all of the reprogramming necessities including the radio code. All you pay for is the standard parts cost for the battery. I did tip the technician though.

Mercedes Roadside Assistance is good for the life of the vehicle.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:27 PM

hi guys i had this problem aswell i replaced the battery then 3 weeks later it died took it back the charged it then i put it back in the car and then 2 weeks later it died again i bought myself i charger i was getting angry then one night im in the car a hear a buzzing noise it took me 20mins listening where its coming from ... well guess what i found the buzzing noise it was coming from the overhead control panel the (interior light).its has a relay or computer was faulty .. so check for any noise before jumping tomb dealer i bought that second handsaved some dollars.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 PM

I saved myself $450 - $550 by simply cutting one wire in the connector to the seat control module and splicing it with another wire. Basically, the drainage is happening because the power isn't being turned off after a pre-set amount of time. This is a convenience feature so that you c an still adjust the seats after you turn off the engine. I suppose it's also for safety if you get into an accident someone can move your seat back and pull you out. In any case, the failure prevents the power from turning off so it stays on all night. There are three wires. Two are positive. One is constant and one is on only with ignition. Cut the one that's constantly on (which should be turning off after after while but isn't) wire and splice the end that goes into the controller under the seat with the one that is on only when the ignition is turned. Do some more searches on google and you'll be able to find actual pictures of how its done. It took me five minutes. I did it a few days ago and the battery works fine without me driving the car. Before it would drain over night.

Just wanted to pass this info on since I got it for free.

Quick Reply: C320 Battery Replacement Problems