Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C280 Security/Alarm/Keyless System

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 09:21 PM
dkt
Default C280 Security/Alarm/Keyless System

Hello all,

I would like to have security, alarm, keyless system installed in our C280. Any recommendation would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers, dkt

Old 05-30-2006, 09:48 PM
dkt
Default RE: C280 Security/Alarm/Keyless System

After some investigation I have settled on an UNGO S660.

For more information please visit this web site:

http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/product...706935964.html

later, dkt

Old 05-31-2006, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

looks fine, but...

that system uses electric actuators to lock/unlock doors.

your's is pneumatic.

it means they will do some drilling and modifications.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:57 AM
dkt

Yes. But there is an electric switch on the dash panel for locking and unlocking the door locks. I expect they will tap into the electrical at this point which seems to indicate it is a relatively simple and non "hacking" method.

Nevertheless, I received quotations from two separate groups and each group intends to use the same hardware. I will follow up with this to determine if they do "hack" or if they do not "hack."

-dkt

Old 05-31-2006, 02:38 PM

An excellent security/alarm system is already built-in to your car. Your car cannot be started by the age-old "hard-wire" method. Without the correct electronic signature, the ECM wont operate. You need the OEM funny key inside that funny keyhole to start the car.

Forgive me for being slow. I am trying to understand something here. Your OEM key fob has remote un-lock, remote window-opener, remote trunk-opener, and a panic buttom. Buying a third-party system seems redundant to me.

Would you kindly educate me on what you seek in the third-party system that OEM does not provide?

( lights and sirens when a squirrel passes by? you know ppl hate those bitchy cars and scratch them with a quarter? )

Old 05-31-2006, 03:14 PM
dkt

ORIGINAL: fly_major_fly

An excellent security/alarm system is already built-in to your car. Your car cannot be started by the age-old "hard-wire" method. Without the correct electronic signature, the ECM wont operate. You need the OEM funny key inside that funny keyhole to start the car.

Forgive me for being slow. I am trying to understand something here. Your OEM key fob has remote un-lock, remote window-opener, remote trunk-opener, and a panic buttom. Buying a third-party system seems redundant to me.

Would you kindly educate me on what you seek in the third-party system that OEM does not provide?

( lights and sirens when a squirrel passes by? you know ppl hate those bitchy cars and scratch them with a quarter? )
1) There is no alarm system in this particular model. There is an anti-theft mechanism associated with the radio.

2) This system is not designed to start an auto.

3) Given the high level of auto theft, insurance rates and a desire to "borrow" a Mercedes Benz hood ornament provides me with enough reasons to obtain a security system. Yes, I realized some get their knickers in a knot if an alarm goes off, but alarms can be set to be less sensitive.

I'll take my chances.

-dkt

Old 04-02-2009, 09:23 PM

Is your C280 is US model, I have 98 C280 came with security/alarm system.