Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C230 Power window reset

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Default C230 Power window reset

Can someone please write directions on how to reset the power windows on a 2000 C230. I just replaced the battery and need them. I don't have the manual.
Thanks

Old 11-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Talking

Yes, it's very easy. It's done on the driver's door where all the switches for the windows are.
Start with the driver's door switch. Turn the key "on" so the window will work, but dont start the car. The trick here is to push the switch ALL THE WAY UP OR DOWN and HOLD IT until the glass is all the way up or all the way down. Let's say the window is all the way down. To reset, pull UPWARDS on the switch all the way and let the window come up. That's it. Do this with the other three switches and you're done. If you just pull lightly on the switch it won't work. You'll feel a tiny "click" when you lift the switch all the way up. That's what you want to do.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the info. My switches for the windows are on the console in the middle. Is there a different procedure for them? They don't allow you to pull up on them. I was able to reset the sunroof using that method.

Please advise. My car is a 2000 C230.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Talking

Console or door panel, it shouldn't make any difference....unless your car didn't come with switches that (like my '05) have the "auto up" feature. If your window is all the way down and you work the switch on your console for that window, can the window be made to come all the way up with just a quick pull or push on the switch? If so, then do that but HOLD IT in whatever position you used until the window is all the way up. That should do it. Otherwise, I don't know.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Default 2002 C230 Kompressor driver's door window switch

I am looking for a driver's door window switch for a 2002 C230 hatch back Mercedes Benz. Dual Switch cluster operates driver and passenger door. This is a 2 door car, not a 4 door. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Default For many models;

Especially if it seems to go down, maybe upa tad, but never fully:

How to Sync Mercedes Power Windows.
  • Bring down both windows at the same time by holding the switches just before the click that brings them down automatically.
  • How to Sync Mercedes Power Windows.
    • Bring down both windows at the same time by holding the switches just before the click that brings them down automatically.
    • Once both windows are all the way down make both switches click by pressing them all the way down. Hold the position to the count of 3.
    'Note:This lets the ECU learn that that is the end of the window track and it records it in memory.
    • Repeat the procedure closing the windows by holding both switches and making them click once the windows are all the way up.
    • Repeat Procedure with the front windows.
    • Bring Moon Roof all the back and hold then all the way forward and hold.
    Once both windows are all the way down make both switches click by pressing them all the way down. Hold the position to the count of 3.
'Note:This lets the ECU learn that that is the end of the window track and it records it in memory.
  • Repeat the procedure closing the windows by holding both switches and making them click once the windows are all the way up.
  • Repeat Procedure with the front windows.
  • Bring Moon Roof all the back and hold then all the way forward and hold.