Mercedes Benz Forums

Go Back   Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums > Mercedes Benz Models > Mercedes C Class
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mercedes Forum!
Welcome to Mercedes Forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Mercedes Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2010, 03:25 PM

Default RE: C230 kompressor...oil change

Hi,

I have a 2004 MB C230K. Just bought it 6 months back and it time for an oil change. I did call the dealer and they quoted me around $250 + taxes for Service A which covers oil change...

I called a couple of places for oil change and Kwik car care do the same oil change for $60 using Mobil1 synthetic oil. But they use aftermarket oil filter....

My question is - Is it ok to use a aftermarket oil filter or should I use the original from Mercedes Dealership? If I have to use original from MB dealership then can I buy 2 and have them stocked so that I dont have to keep going to the dealership to buy these filters...

Thanks
-Z
Register today for free or log in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:44 PM

I would buy MB Filter because it comes with the 3 o-rings you need for it. The aftermarket may not come with them and you should always change O-rings when doing new stuff. I would also get the copper washer that goes on the drain plug bolt. All this stuff is under $20. I am actually about to go get another filter. My 5K mile mark is up. Shes 100 miles shy of 80K miles. Make sure you get Mobile1 0-40 Full Synthetic for the Kompressor motor. Auto Zone they are about $7 each and I am pretty sure our motors hold 5.8qrts.
Hope that helps.

FYI - My Local MB dealership in Brentwood, TN has FREE 63-point inspection this month if anyone is close. $105 value.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:44 PM

Tags
05, 2002, 2004, 2005, benz, c230, changing, dealership, grade, kompressor, mercedes, oil, service, tips, type, types