Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C-Class Tuning/Mods Talk. Come here with all your questions and comments about hooking up your C

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Default C-Class Tuning/Mods Talk. Come here with all your questions and comments about hooking up your C

Hey fellow C owners...
I want this thread to be all about tuning and mods for our C's. So if anyone has done anything to their car (rims, stereo, engine mods, suspension, paint, etc) and they wish to talk about it or if they have any questions regarding hooking up their C, I want this to be the place where we can answer all your questions.
To start it off, here is everything ive done to my 2003 C230K Sports Coupe:
-RennTech cat-back exhaust
-RennTech rear decklid spoiler
-AMG pedal kit
-AMG shift ****
-Painted break calipers
-Removed "C230" and "Kompressor" from the back along with the "1.8" on the side
-Clear corner side marker lights
-17" 7 spoke alloy wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sports
-Bixenon headlights
Coming soon: H&R Cup Kit suspension or RennTech suspension so if anyone has either of these or any other suspension please let me know how you like it.

Ok let the Tuning Talk hopefully begin.....

Old 08-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Default RE: C-Class Tuning/Mods Talk. Come here with all your questions and comments about hooking up your C

Did you have to reset the cpu to accept the new bixenon lights when you replaced the standard ones?
The check lights displacy on the inst. panel comes on if you add/remove any bulbs?

Old 08-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Default RE: C-Class Tuning/Mods Talk. Come here with all your questions and comments about hooking up your C

I could have sworn I joined a Mercedes forum and not a Honda Civic forum.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:07 PM

alright, well I have a question about suspension:

I have a '99 C 230 and cant decide whether to deviate from MB suspension or upgrade to an AMG C32 suspension. Has anyone gone down the AMG path on their C230? I don't really mind how "low" it looks, I just care how if feels and if the cost is worth it over, say a Koni or H&R suspension kit.

And I might as well ask if there are any other AMG upgrades, other than suspension, that would suit a w202 C230?

Old 04-12-2008, 09:04 PM

I would like to follow in Denver's footsteps but make that a C55 suspension for a 2005 c230k.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:11 PM

well get the frack out then. I dont believe I own a honda when i modded my mustang or my volvo c70 twin turbo but U must be right. Im sick of the stupid comments. i have a bug up my *** about people using this forum to start crap. dont read it then.

mods - anyway guys c230 and 200 mods for kompressors
i been away for about 5 months working my tail off lost a family member gained my brother back from afghanistan and having a baby !!! so my time was taken up.
I did find u the latest and greatest mods though like i promised and im working on stage 3 of my car maybe 2.5 idk but its getting there.

Headlights-ebay 230 avg. very cheap has lines in it needs no reprogramming uses facory harness and lights.
hid if they arent from k1 or k2 yes there is a k2 in cali- they dont need reprogrammed no lines in lenses
black housings only seem to look good on all silver or all light color sedans and coupes . blk/blk not so classy imo
sway bars def eibach seems to fit the best and work well. only prob is they dont list them under our model must buy them from the c240 sedan. yup it works i tried it same part for part.
powerslot w dimple a must for brakes esp rear of sedans ebay brakes r useless ****ty material and thin.
ceramic pads avaiable thru summit k1 and larkspeed.com f/r good upgrade use ebc or wilwood
brake lines again brembo honeywell or k1 posts some but bear has the cheapest at 70 a set great upgrade big diff.
dot 5 brake fluid for all u hard drivers is a must and great pedal feel-
uerathane bushings thru black forest industries have to call them thought they wanna do group buys i did my control arms and shock points very stiff and very nice feel. $230 avg.
exhaust you guys have a handle on -300-700 avg depends on ur part pref. ss or aluminum
intake i make them out of fiberglass for kompresors 100 bucks firm goes right into grill factory slot painted black can color match uses oem air box but i also make a liner for that to smooth out the grooves.
u can bore out your throttle body or steal one from a bmw 3 series 218i about 5 buck diy or 135 for swap.
fuel rail 210.00 firm w plate to adapt a fuel regulator gauge for n e one upping boost or twin charging
ignition jacobs electronics makes an adapter to mate an ice box to your stems w/out throwing a cel light. 324.90 call
def use iridium plugs the cooler heat exchanger will def be noticeable on pickup-
speed tuning great guys dynoed and tuned on a sat out in 4 hrs huge power gain for 423.00 depends on mods
stator for automatic tranny made in sweden 189.00 helps flow or votex flow of tranny fluid in tranny causing a 30% increase in torque multiplication which helps u produce better driveline displacement-
carbon fiber drive shaft with new uerathane mounting pad 671.00
carbon hood from carbon creations painted black to look stock 345.00
carbon trunk decklid by seibon painted to look stock 545.00
carbon trunk spoiler amg painted to match 214.00 ebay
euro taillights 200.00 avg either xtralights.com great customer service fast shipping or yakuzaracing.com
ebay taillights have fitment issues some are great others are blems and they leak very quickly in cold weather applications i.e. snow
mercedes uk sells command navs google their site i forget it but its only 700-1000 w cd has dvd function n tv they will tell u nav wont work but u can get it reprogrammed @ dealer also comes w antenna behind back pass seat
radios oh well thats a fight cause if u do upgrade u have to rewire alot. go to a shop trust me its worth the extra pennies n ur radio is warrantied if u do it n have no shop receipt sorry u dont get fixed free. flip outs are nice i went with double din touch screen looks classier 345-1200 use tundraelectronics.com tell them sharhzad sent u.
poly 60 a motor mounts from germanautoexpress.co.uk 155.60 +45 shipping to us
intercooler from advancedjdmparts.com 120.00 with some piping def worth it great turn around n free shipping bolts right up from subaru wrx or 240sx universal
matrix intake accessoires including the silicon boot upgrades 65.00
yonaka motorsports makes a cool universal radiator 3 core closer to our specs they will mod if u call for small fee
325.00 also bought T-Bolt clamps for hoses and silicone reinforced hoses for kompressor points very strong.120.00
suport brace for unibody kinda like the hondas subframe connectors / made at work on cnc machine i would say 300.00 for material n time. if i had a group buy it could def go down to 100 easy
upper front tie bar by modakar performance 213.00 shipped ottawa ca
either making or building a rear strut bar def want that for my sedan n soon
front seats from an e class fit very well if your using s class seats like i did much heavier n w seat bracket u cant be over 6 feet u either will hit ur head like my bro does or set the seat up against the back ones which leaves no room for passangers. 1300 pair used w brackets n wiring harness

thats it for now kiddies manifold for my turbo was made by a friend at wyotech in chassis fab and the turbo and waste gate were made in street rod im using a subaru turbo for this twincharger ill let u know how it goes and will post pics soon. im trying to find carbon door skins and also see if speed tuning can map my ecu fo use w the turbo if not slow boy said they would hlp but mercedes c class is very finicky and im scared to lose half my cars electronics because everything is tied in. ill keep you posted and let me know if this list helped u

Eirik-

Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 AM

hey guys i have a mod question about my 03 C240....i put 18' rims on it and it rides a bit higher now so i want to drop it using H&R or Eibach springs....but on both of their websites it has a footnote saying something about Mercedes Pad System. What should i do if i want to lower my car? about 1.2"-1.4" nothing more than that.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:00 PM

Theres always RENNtech!! http://www.renntechmercedes.com/w203_pricelist.pdf

Old 06-21-2008, 10:42 PM

Bought a radio audio 10/cd from seller in germany. radio works fine but am stations are tuned in degrees of 9 instead of 1 as in U.S. tuning. anyone know how to reprogram toUS N.American settings. Otherwise have to send away. Car is 2000c230 sport.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:09 PM

Dear lord I've hit the mother load!! Many thanks to you guys, looks like my bike(s) will take the back seat on mod money this year.....NOT!

Quick Reply: C-Class Tuning/Mods Talk. Come here with all your questions and comments about hooking up your C