Mercedes Benz Forums

Go Back   Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums > Mercedes Benz Models > Mercedes C Class
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mercedes Forum!
Welcome to Mercedes Forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Mercedes Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2006, 03:37 AM

Default 2003 c230k gas gauge stopped working!!

Out of the effin blue, my gas gauge dropped to zero without the reserve light on, so i went to fill up thinking that im out of gas.......and it is still at zero. My computer says that theres no malfunctions. Someone please help.....what can be wrong???
Register today for free or log in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:37 AM

Default RE: 2003 c230k gas gauge stopped working!!

update: I called the dealership and the earliest they can take in my car is Oct 5th.....too damn long for me to wait and guess how much gas I have.....so I decided to take things in my own hands.

I looked at the fuse boxes in the drivers side and under the hood......pulled out a couple of fuses, shoved them back in and the gauge works again!!

Was it the fuse??? Or did I just bypass a way to jump the gauge to work again?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:33 PM
2002 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Sometimes it works that way. Sorta acts like a re-set. I recall one day that I was driving along, and all of my guages just dropped! I was some kinda trippin. I didn't know what to do, and neither was I in a position to call anyone. I was on the side of a country road out of cell range. The vehicle started fine, all of the functions was fine, but the instrument cluster seemed like it was just toast! Nothing worked. I started pulling fuses from under the hood, and in the trunk. I pulled all of them out, and waited for about 30 seconds, and started putting them all back in, and VIOLA! Everything worked perfectly.

So, perhaps it was just a stupid quirk and I executed some stupid luck, because I sure didn't know what I was doing. And luckily it worked. Since that time I began to diagnose my car like it was a human body. Sometimes we don't feel good for unexplained reasons, and we either do something, drink something, or take something, and within time; we's all better again! Who can explain it? I can't, but it doesn't stop it from happenning nonetheless.

Best to you. I hope you able to find a cause though. Keep us posted.

'08 Chevy Impala 2LT/FlexFuel
'02 Mercedes S430 w/S5 AMG Sport Pkg (Black/Charcoal)
'97 Mercedes S420 (SOLD)
'97 Cadillac Catera
'95 BMW 740iL
Old 09-18-2006, 05:41 PM

This also happend to my car and according to my Benz Mechanic this due to a faulty computer sensor at the back of the car and he said that it is a common thing on the 2002-2003 models. I'm certain that's the problem. You may want to take it in for a look asap because that sensor controls other systems on your car.

2000 C230 Sport
2002 C320 Wagon
1996 Impala SS
Old 09-18-2006, 05:41 PM

Tags
2002, 2003, benz, c230, c230k, fuel, fuse, gage, gas, gauge, malfunction, mercedes, out2003, reserve, stopped, working