General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Cl500 display defective abc visit workshop

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:44 AM
Default Cl500 display defective abc visit workshop

Hi I have a cl500 2005 model with display defective abc visit workshop on dashboard also the car seems to sit quite high at front and sag at one rear corner . It seems to be stuck in this position wether it's left or started up and run also over bumps the front suspension seems hard ..also the 2 buttons on dash to adjust suspension don't work at all or light up any more .. Any help appreciated .. I did replace the battery a few weeks ago but problem only started this week

Old 07-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Default Please tell me you solved this problem!

Originally Posted by mantaman
Hi I have a cl500 2005 model with display defective abc visit workshop on dashboard also the car seems to sit quite high at front and sag at one rear corner . It seems to be stuck in this position wether it's left or started up and run also over bumps the front suspension seems hard ..also the 2 buttons on dash to adjust suspension don't work at all or light up any more .. Any help appreciated .. I did replace the battery a few weeks ago but problem only started this week

Did you ever fix the problem with the Display Defective? I am having the same issue now.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Riderb

Did you ever fix the problem with the Display Defective? I am having the same issue now.
Hello - what issue are you having with the display?

Old 07-02-2018, 02:59 PM

The same as above. I have the sane car. The message displayed is as above display defective abc visit workshop on dashboard. Did you ever fix your problem? I know the sagging was a valve block issue. I don’t have that issue, but i do have the others, but every now and then I get that message in my dash but it does go away after a while. Please any help you have would be great!

Old 07-02-2018, 04:56 PM

The same as above. I have the sane car. The message displayed is as above display defective abc visit workshop on dashboard. Did you ever fix your problem? I know the sagging was a valve block issue. I don’t have that issue, but i do have the others, but every now and then I get that message in my dash but it does go away after a while. Please any help you have would be great!
Have you tried pulling any codes using a Mercedes scan tool? It may be an electrical gremlin if the system seems to be working properly but the message still appears.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:38 PM
Default Error resolved - ABC Display Defective

So for any of you having this issue, there will not be a stored fault code for this. But you will see a Can Bus communication error. Don’t be alarmed that’s also not the issue. So please don’t start pulling your SAM modules, etc..

The issue is the 5 amp ABC Wake Up fuse, that may be have become dislodged, somehow got loose or has gone bad. It’s under the hood on the passenger side, or on the left for non US version drivers.

The fuse appeared to be in - but it was not pushed in all the way. The fuse is a bit hard to get to so if you’re not mechanical inclined I would recommend having your mechanic to push it all the way in or replace it since you’re paying him/her anyway.

So if you’re having the issue with ABC Display Defective don’t fret too much it’s a simple fix. I have a SL500 and no longer have this issue since.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 AM
Default Problem

So for any of you having this issue, there will not be a stored fault code for this. But you will see a Can Bus communication error. Don’t be alarmed that’s also not the issue. So please don’t start pulling your SAM modules, etc..

The issue is the 5 amp ABC Wake Up fuse, that may be have become dislodged, somehow got loose or has gone bad. It’s under the hood on the passenger side, or on the left for non US version drivers.

The fuse appeared to be in - but it was not pushed in all the way. The fuse is a bit hard to get to so if you’re not mechanical inclined I would recommend having your mechanic to push it all the way in or replace it since you’re paying him/her anyway.

So if you’re having the issue with ABC Display Defective don’t fret too much it’s a simple fix. I have a SL500 and no longer have this issue since.
That was my problem