Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Talk about it here.

Sunroof replacement 124 Wagon

Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Question Sunroof replacement 124 Wagon

Hi all, not sure if this is the right section...

Has anyone done a sunroof replacement, lines and everything, on a 124 wagon? Mine is an 87 Diesel, but most everything should be the same.

I have had it at two sunroof shops, the first didn't have a clue and made it worse, the first time it rained I was drenched with very cold water.

I stopped the dripping from the ceiling by hand cranking the sunroof closed from the motor, which is located in the rear spare tire wheel well - It will work for a bit, no tilt, then will blow the fuse so I just leave it closed.

The second shop could not get the roof to leak. They decided that the water in the floor is coming from the lines that run behind the dash, they said they would assist in the repair if I found someone that would remove the dash for me, then tow it over to them. They fully admitted they had never done a 124 Mercedes, much less a wagon. The local repair shop that I trust with her doesn't do sunroof work

It like most 30 year old cars has a few little things that need fixing here and there, When I pull the dash out I am going to replace as much as I can while I am in there, I am making a list. The number one issue is to get rid of the water inside the car.

The part that is proving difficult is the "wagon" the interior and placement of certain parts is a bit different than the sedans, and now I am getting water in my rumble seat - I have just gotten to a place where I can take her off the road to disassemble everything that needs to be done.

Any resources or experiences you can recommend for this project will be greatly appreciated. Tips and Tricks, anything.