General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

W126 Economy Gauge Not working CENTER VENTS NOT BLOWING... HERE IS THE ANSWER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Exclamation W126 Economy Gauge Not working CENTER VENTS NOT BLOWING... HERE IS THE ANSWER!

For about 7 months now I have researched, changed, exchanged, redid, tore out, f*%#ed up, and stressed out and by simple accident I fixed a TON OF PROBLEMS ON my car by doing one simple thing. My economy gauge did not work at all. My air blew out of side vents, but no the center vents. The car idled wierd. With the air on it would hesitate when accelerating from a light. I was about ready to blow the thing up when I decided to take the instrument panel (speedometer, tachometer...ect.. ) out and see why the economy gauge was not working. I GOT 2 SIZE F crochet hooks from walmart for a grand total of $1.56 and pulled out the instrument panel.

DIRECTIONS: Push the size f crochet hooks inbetween the plastic rim and the black leather dashboard part at about (RIGHT SIDE) redline on tachometer and (left side) 80 degees on the temperature gauge.. push in.. turn hook so its going to creat resistance and PULL.. It pops right out.

I reattached the vaccum hose to the back of the instrument panel. Pushed it back in.....,

Directions; align... push.. it will snap right back in..,

and MY CENTER VENTS WORKED>>> MY CRUISE CONTROL WORKED>>> MY ECONOMY GAUGE WORKED>>> MY CAR NO LONGER IDLED WIERD>>> IT HAD TONS MORE POWER THAN I EVER REMEMBERED!

GIVE THAT A TRY... atleast its close to free.. I had changed: alternator.. battery.. added phreon... bought a vaccum gauge... switched out all fuses.. bought a mono control valve... bought a VOltage Overload protection something.. and the littlet straw had come out of the back of the vaccum nossle!