General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

blue tooth on e500

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Default blue tooth on e500

Hey,

Is it possible to buy an blue tooth adapter for the phone jack that comes stock on an E500? particualrly to make it work with the stereo/number pad on the stereo.

I've also considered buying a new head unit for since i dont have navi, was thinking about the stock navi system with command.

Any advice is always greatly appreciated. =)

Old 12-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Default RE: blue tooth on e500

anyone? =(

Old 12-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

your radio isn't the original installed...is it?

Old 12-19-2004, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

your radio isn't the original installed...is it?
yea it is =/

and i was told that i can't upgrade it to the '04/'05 navigation head unit.

Old 12-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

i don't know much about blue tooth except for the later version nokia. besides, i don't have any idea about your car year model and options.

if you can provide your VIN, then i can know the right navigation system to install.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:09 AM

It is possible to retrofit a DVD comand - with or without navigation drive - in a 03/04 E-class (W211). However, depending on where Playaplaya is located, he may need some additional stuff, like Audio Gateway and such...

It is NOT possible to retrofit DVD comands in earlier E-classes (W210s), but you can install a CD-rom based comand in those cars. You do need to replace your current wood panel then!

Bluetooth phones are highly overrated! There is nothing Bluetooth-wise which can or will work in your MB... for now... if ever...

You should probably try and find a UHI phone kit for your car, although I know we (MBenzNL) are not yet able to offer complete self installation kits for W210s and W211s. We need to do some test installs first...

greetingz,

BigSis

Old 12-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Gj

Ok MB that come fitted with the jack in point for various phone cradles on all the newer MB come with bluetooth in them
as for it working of your radio keypad i aint sure might need to test it when i back in work lol

Old 12-26-2004, 12:56 AM

thanks for the all great replies guys. the car is a '03 E500. Not sure how it worked in other parts of the world, but in the US (new york), if you purhcased the navigation package, they gave you a coupon and basically a new car when naviagation becomes evailable. I didn't do that, so i got a the standard stereo with the 6cd indash changer... I really want to make the motorola razr work with the car =/... the dealer is telling me that i can't add an '04 navi in there, and they're saying that tehre are no blue tooth adapters for mb yet in the US...

i'm too lazy to go outside right now and get the vin #, but thanks to everyone for their help so far... anymroe comments are always appreciated =),

merry xmas and a happy upcomming new year =)

Old 01-02-2005, 03:02 AM

WWW.MBDOCTOR.COM
yes you can install a navigation in the 2003 E 500 and you can install the dvd command if you like Mercedes for got to install the navigation harness in the trunk only in 300 cars all the rest of the E class should have the harness all you will need to do is plug in and play if you like more info WWW.MBDOCTOR.COM

Old 01-03-2005, 12:56 PM

It's like MBdoctor says: if you have a 2003 US spec W211, it is possible to get a comand head unit; either a US spec which is capable of adding an original MB SAT radio, or a Euro spec head unit which is capable of playing movie DVDs and MP3.

A navigation drive in the trunk can be installed as well, but you may need another trunkliner. That depends on the extra options your car came with from the factory...

If I am not mistaking, MBenzNL may be able to offer the UHI phone kit as a custom install within short.

greetingz,

BigSis

PS: Happy New Year to all of you!

Quick Reply: blue tooth on e500