General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

85 300sd injection pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Default 85 300sd injection pump

If any one has information on the linkage attached to the injection pump, please share it with me. I have not taken the pump apart, but have removed it from engine. I was not getting any fuel to injectors . It seems to me I read quite some time ago a posting that said rack may be stuck if this occurs. My engine sat in a heated garage for over a year, so I,m thinking that may be the problem, but don't know how to check it. Please help if you can.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 PM

Have you tried cranking the engine with the hard lines cracked at the injectors until seeing fuel there?

Old 12-08-2014, 11:28 AM

Force can be a Breezy (in the parlance of our times) when it comes to answering simple questions-- like someone watching a mouse as a cat gets ready to pounce.

I had this problem with my IP, except mine got very little fuel into the injectors & would try to fire but not really. If yours is the same problem as mine, then if you have a guy priming your hand pump on the injection pump while trying to start--it will run while he is priming (or use an inline pump) & it will run untill the pumping stops. This means that the lift pump is bad in your MW IP. YOu can either put in a special Diesel inline pump ~$80, or replace your MW pump with a known working injection pump.

Either way, replace that crappy screw off/ on oem hand primer with the Bosch replacement-- world of difference & better for the environment.

MY 2 cents on the situation of Intercooling... If you are trying to make this car as fast as possible without $3000, it will not be happening. If you do have the money, get ready to replace your engine once in a while. If you look at Force's HP & 8th mile times, they are slower than my stock 89 honda accord NA. IC is good for mpg, but build it like force as one metal piece & use little to no silicon. If your oil air mix is not venting into the turbo intake, i guarantee that your turbo will eventually leak enough oil into your intake to popp off your silicon connectors or seep out of them at the very least.

Been there done that, larger turbo is fun & cool, & the holset hx30 will not make your car slower, but is significantly more dangerous & capable of much more psi (22 one time) you cannot use without a modded IP. You can decent power on the stock block without ruining your motor, but for a very short time.

These are slowish luxury cars, and if you want best bang for the buck, swap a cummins 4/6bt off a delivery truck & do some simple mods. I just did a swap om617/ for blown om617 due to coolant cloggs & head issues, and even with perfect compression, car is nice & slow like it has been & will be untill 10 years from now I slam a cummins engine in there.

Enjoy the luxurious interior, candy exterior, & keep your exhaust resonators so your neighbors hate you less.

Last edited by The Dude; 12-08-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:34 PM

Can someone please post some pictures of the linkage that is in between the block and injector pump on the om617! Let's get this thread back on track. Vahdiesel, I still have some pictures of the linkage just not able to post them from my tablet. Hope you had some luck finding an answer.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:41 PM

Will people please stop taunting ForcedInduction. I am having flashbacks of other forums.