Mercedes Benz Forums

Go Back   Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums > General Mercedes Benz Forums > General Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mercedes Forum!
Welcome to Mercedes Forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Mercedes Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2008, 03:34 PM

Default 2003 sl 500 wont start

hi guys

a buddy of mine have bought a 2003 crashed sl500. we have rebuilded the car started it and it ran great . we drove it to the paint shop painted it but now the car will not start . i turn the key on all the displays work but i cant start it . when i turn the key on the engine cooling fan start and run full rpm fot about 1 minute . i have tried the start button on the shifter and it dont work . i know the starter work cuz i have jumped the relay in the fuse box and the engine crank but dont start .

i need help cuz i dont know what can go wrong
Register today for free or log in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:06 PM

Default RE: 2003 sl 500 wont start

You might check with the body shop and see if they used a baking oven to dry the paint. It could be it overheated or melted a computer.

Sam
Old 07-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Check fuses!!! Fan running @ 100% w/ key on is an indication of either power loss to M.E. control unit or a coding issue. Since it started & ran before, I would start checking fuses.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM

check start fuse noting to do with the key it sounds more like a fuse or relay blown,some some body as shorted the wiring since it was crashed good luck...........

NAZ
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM

Tags
03, 2000, 2003, 500, benz, dont, fan, key, mecedes, mercedes, metcedes, sl, sl500, start, wont