Detailing Discuss detailing your ride inside and out here.

sequentronic transmission

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Default sequentronic transmission

hi, im doing a stdy about sequentronic transmission . ive looked in the internet for information and i havent found almost anything :S

I need help about this subject, i need all the information u guys could give me about it, if possible grafics, fotos, relations, calculations,
I really need it, thx

Old 05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Default RE: sequentronic transmission

ok its me again, i know that its very hard to find what ive asked for , if u could give me the things ive asked about any model of mercedes it would be fine as well ^^

Old 05-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

i have it all and i can give you.

Automated Manual Transmission1 Design and Operation
Automated Manual Transmission2 System Functions

you need it for what?

Old 11-19-2005, 03:29 PM

Hi, I'am new in this forum..I own 2004 mecedes c200 kompressor with sequentronic...
I expect you to hear from me my driving experience on more than 2 years driving.
If you are interested, tell me
check this:
http://www.europeantransmissions.com...nsmissions.htm

Old 02-02-2014, 06:27 AM

Well hi - new here - no idea why this thread is on "detailing". I have a problem with my C220CDI coupe. It's got a selectronic gearbox. Displaying the "transmission, go to workshop" error message. I think it's electrical / electronic, however. Please read on...

The car has been displaying random odd symptoms for some time, ALWAYS when just commencing a journey. Once I have got going, it's ok, and using all 6 gears. If I had a mechanical problem, would it not be there all the time?

I've had the scenario when the car will not select any gear at all. Very stressful, but after several restarts it went into first and off we went.

Sometimes parking has been "interesting" - the car lurches at what should be slow speeds. Again, only when cold / just started.

I find the car fogs up really badly - so the blower's been in use A LOT recently, sometimes with little imput from the alternator (ie sitting trying to de-fog the car to get going).

Yesterday, when it suddenly threw up the error message, I got it to the side of the road and put hazard flashers on. Went home on foot, called to scratch from the planned meeting I was now unable to attend, and called RAC. When I got back to the car, the hazard flashers still flashing but the key fob would NOT open the car. I had to use the key blade. So battery was flat.....

I am FAR from sure that the battery is NOT the key issue here. Am I on the right track?

This blew up yesterday. Car has not been on STAR and battery not checked, but seems to be faulty due to no guts to run hazard flashers for only a few minutes and still run central locking. BTW once I turned off the flashers, and ran the car for a while the central locking started working again.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Default It was the battery!

Having had my car showing "Transmiss - Workshop" error towed in and put on STAR, it turned out to be the battery voltage after all. Error light, jumping in first and reverse all due to poor battery voltage. So guys - CHECK BATTERY VOLTAGE if you have these problems. Insist the codes are read - all mine said was nothing to do with Transmission at all - low voltage!

Old 03-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Default False dawn - trouble recurred

Hi - me again!

The darned car has thrown the "Transmiss" F word red message and had to be taken to the shop.

Car has thrown NO codes.

My shop are telling me that they believe it needs a full gearbox overhaul, but my private thoughts are that they are confused and perplexed by the problem and 'cos it's an older car (52 plate UK - 2002) it's not economic to do a big number on it.

So I am gonna go pick her up and limp her home.... and buy something else. A week with no wheels is awful. I need to sort it.

What should I do next?