Brand News, Concepts, Rumors and Future Models Got a tip on a new Mercedes coming along? We want to know.

The Mercedes ’Vision’ SLR

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Default The Mercedes ’Vision’ SLR

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is an unusual insert. I hope I do not get banned from this site by the administrator/s. In 1995 I was one of a few lucky persons to have a prototype Mercedes 'Vision' SLR for test usage. It was black coloured and it bore aSpanish license platecoded B-1999-CD (it was registred in Spain for security reasons). I am very concerned about the claim it only does a maximum 335KPH/208MPH-the <U>truth</U> is it does a maximum 344KPH/213MPH. On Saturday 12th August 1995 I drovethis Mercedes 'Vision' SLRvia Autobahn from Cologne to Berlin and I achieved the maximum344KPH/213MPH. In the November 1995 Auto Bild and Autohaus German car magazinesthis test usage of the Mercedes 'Vision' SLR is featured. I am also very concerned about the suggestion that the Mercedes 'Vision' SLR should have optional 'turbine' wheels. These 'turbine' wheels are meant to be standard, and they in fact help the car go faster by chopping through the air giving it a mild turbo boost. I hope this is of interest to you. </FONT>

Old 02-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Default The Mercedes ’Vision’ SLR

Man, you're scaring me with that Spanish registration security stuff.</P>

What's 5mph when you're already going over 200mph? You're picking nits, no?</P>

It's not uncommon for pre-productionand production performance claims to differ and cause misquotes and confusion in the press media. Furthermore, some mags do their own testing and come up with their own unique set of specs.I doubt if there wasany evil intent. You need to write the mag and let them know the error of their ways.</P>

I don't understand the turbine wheel boostthingy concept. Maybe a picture would help?</P>

Old 04-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Default RE: The Mercedes Â’VisionÂ’ SLR

hey...

The 95's SLR model was almost totaly diferent from the one Mercedes showed in the lasts automobile events...

the SLR now, isn't called by vision anymore, only SLR.

The engine now, isn't that one. Now, it uses a V8 bi-charged with intercooler.
just the best v8 engine of all the world...

Old 01-03-2005, 07:15 PM

The engine now, isn't that one. Now, it uses a V8 bi-charged with intercooler.
just the best v8 engine of all the world...

i disagree. i've been in one, seen several, including the one that was bought by Ty Warner (owner of ty beanie babies) from park place mercedes in Dallas. the engine is nice, and yeah, its a fast car, but it doesn't sound special,(sounds like every other AMG V8 kompressor car) not to mention no one in the states is qualified to work on it, so if you crash it, it goes back to germany to be repaired. it cant even be put on a lift, b/c the frame will break. and forget about a tow truck.[:'(]
too much trouble, in my personal opinion.
i do, however, like the new '05 porsche carrera GT.(they sound like an F-1 car, when revved up, its very nice.) if you haven't seen it, i suggest you look one up, or head to your nearest porsche dealer. they are very impressive.

~Sara

Old 01-04-2005, 07:08 AM

I raced a Carrera GT the other day. It would gain almost a car length on me then the driver would miss third gear every time.

What a turd. The driver, not the car.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

I raced a Carrera GT the other day. It would gain almost a car length on me then the driver would miss third gear every time.

What a turd. The driver, not the car.
yeah it sucks when people get cars they dont know how to drive, or handle....

~Sara

Old 01-12-2005, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

not for the weak of a heart.

once i drive faster than 120kph, i started praying and call all the saints in heaven to at least watch my **** this time.[8D]