Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Using SD cards with my 2009 ML

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Default Using SD cards with my 2009 ML

I'm having trouble getting an SD card to work with my new 2009 ML350. The new command system has an SD slot in the dash and the manual mentions it but does not give much information. When going through the sources in the system, there is a way to select memory card - But when I insert the card and select it as a source I get nothing. I've copies a large number of MP3's to the card and was hoping to access them in my vehicle. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am also curious how to update my address book via the card as well. It seems that it is possible, but I'm not sure what format the information on the card needs to be in (eg. vCard, comma, outlook, etc..).
Thanks.
Mike

Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Default SD cards compatibility issue with new comand

Originally Posted by mikeydchicago
I'm having trouble getting an SD card to work with my new 2009 ML350. The new command system has an SD slot in the dash and the manual mentions it but does not give much information. When going through the sources in the system, there is a way to select memory card - But when I insert the card and select it as a source I get nothing. I've copies a large number of MP3's to the card and was hoping to access them in my vehicle. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am also curious how to update my address book via the card as well. It seems that it is possible, but I'm not sure what format the information on the card needs to be in (eg. vCard, comma, outlook, etc..).
Thanks.
Mike

Hi,

I am having the same problem. My new ML comand with SD slot can't read SD memory cards. I tried with different SD brands, capacity, HC, and the only one that worked is a very old one (1 gb).
I will appreciate if someone know the possible reasons and why it happened. Before this mercedes I owned an AUDI with RNS-E navi system and I never, really never had a problem like this.
Thanks,
Pierville

Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Default SD cards compatibility issue with new comand

I had mixed experience...had no trouble with a Kingston 4gb sd card...works fine. Got greedy and bought an 8GB Transcend card...doesnt work. GL 450 user manual states that command will only work with 2gb card or lower...guess I've been lucky!