Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

Seeking Help - '08 W-219; CLS 550 Sirius Radio Activation Probem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Default Seeking Help - '08 W-219; CLS 550 Sirius Radio Activation Probem

Seeking Help & Advice;

Car: 2008 CLS550 w/PII pkg + bluetooth adapter installed

Issue: Cannot seem to activate Sirius Satelitte Radio following multiple attempts with Sirius Product Tech group.

Background:

My new subscription is active and and the ESN no has been reconfrmed.

MB dealer confirmed the prior owner had activated the Sirius radio.

When I turn on the audio system and select "SAT" the radio (monitor) display reads "Not Subscribed", Call 800-XXX-Siri, ESN No. XXXXXXXXXX"

With audio system in SAT mode all I have is the screen above (pressing the "SERV" soft key does nothing. No other channel selection keys (i.e. tel. key pad or seek/scan have any affect)

With the audio system in SAT mode and with the above display showing, Sirius AUDIO can be heard through/from the speakers - appears to be the "preview channel" which may or may not be channel 184 (I have no way to tell) - but the signal is clear

All attempts to get the radio activated have been done outdoors in an open-sky environment

During these attemps the phone is off and bluetooth on the phone is disabled (I am not touching the bluetooth adater located in the center console glove box)

Sirius techs including product support claim the problem is on the MB end.

MB service techs claim that the problem is on the Sirius end

Me and my car are stuck in the middle...and I live 162 miles away from my closest MB dealer....

Any suggestions or experience that Forum members may have which resulted in fixing a similar problem in their car will be greatly appreciated..

Old 01-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Post Command System Reset

Following my earlier post/inquiry into fixing the problem I am having with activating the Sirius sat radio in my (new to me) 2008 CLS550.

Does using the "reset" in the Command System audio/telematics only rest the Command system to factory settings (i.e. loss of tel. directory / contacts list and previous Nav sys destinations)?

I am considering doing a Command system "reset" in an attempt to fix the problem I am having getting the sirius sat radio to activate.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Default Sirius Activation - Lesson Learned [08 CLS550]

Learned a lesson and want to share.

Purchased a '08 CLS550 CPO in Jan (2010). Upon purchase attempted to call in & activate Sirus Sat Radio subscription. The head unit would not activate, following numerous calls to Sirius, they referred me back to my dealer.

Dealer was friendly, accepted the service repair fix request, ended up chaning the comms module (mounted in trunk) afterwhich the Sirius would still not activate. Called them again and again and "Finally" got a Serious Sirius Tech on the phone wherein he advised that the module installed by my dealer (OE replacement for the 2008 CLS550, i.e. same part) is not capable of receiving the "Best of Sirius/XM Everything" service (subscription) package and can only accept the "basic Sirius" sub pkg. Once we downgraded the subscription the radio activated as its supposed to and the sat radio works fine.

Lesson Learned - if you purchase a CLS550 (at least as 2008 model), you cannot subscribe to the Best of Siruiis/XM Everything pkg and can only activate your sat radio using the Sirius basic pkg.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Default Activation trouble solved in Mercedes Benz 08 and older models

Originally Posted by rewillia
Seeking Help & Advice;

Issue: Cannot seem to activate Sirius Satelitte Radio following multiple attempts with Sirius Product Tech group.

Background:

When I turn on the audio system and select "SAT" the radio (monitor) display reads "Not Subscribed", Call 800-XXX-Siri, ESN No. XXXXXXXXXX"

With audio system in SAT mode all I have is the screen above (pressing the "SERV" soft key does nothing. No other channel selection keys (i.e. tel. key pad or seek/scan have any affect)

With the audio system in SAT mode and with the above display showing, Sirius AUDIO can be heard through/from the speakers - appears to be the "preview channel" which may or may not be channel 184 (I have no way to tell) - but the signal is clear

All attempts to get the radio activated have been done outdoors in an open-sky environment

During these attemps the phone is off and bluetooth on the phone is disabled (I am not touching the bluetooth adater located in the center console glove box)

Me and my car are stuck in the middle...and I live 162 miles away from my closest MB dealer....

Any suggestions or experience that Forum members may have which resulted in fixing a similar problem in their car will be greatly appreciated..
hey I was having the same problem and a 2008 Mercedes Benz S550 after many attempts trying to see why I could not get activated with Sirius XM I started doing a little trouble shooting of my own first and foremost they told me that my receiver was bad which was totally incorrect I replace the receiver only to end up with the same message please call to get activated and I'm thinking um I'm already activated well here's the solution the big problem was oh eight and older models cannot take the Series XM top package it can only take the minimal package which is the mostly music only package once I force them to change it from the 90-day free trial of the total package switching to the mostly music package I had no problem at all my channels popped right in the radio received it just fine also to add to that I'm seeing someone else later in the form came up with this solution as well I totally agree it's totally accurate Sirius XM does not actually know about their own technology with the new updates to Series XM and the older style radios that you could imagine and an 08 model although it looks new the technology behind the scenes or in the inside it's something different so once again it's only set up to take that basic package hope this helps

Old 03-18-2019, 01:23 PM

Dear All, please hep from your end by the below information and it will be grate help for me.
How can i get a radio signal? ??

Old 02-16-2023, 07:51 PM
Default I have same issue

So as I stated I have exact same issue with my
2008 CLS550
So my approach is i will be buying a used SAT receiver off of Ebay for 50bux that comes with 30day warranty.
Will see if that works.
My feeling is there is nothi g wrong with the SAT module! But rather being from 2008 i think the module is expecting a different signal than the newer signal being sent from XMradio?? I need to validate that but makes sence given the fact everything else works and is getting a signal..

QUOTE=rewillia;146105]Seeking Help & Advice;

Background:

Any suggestions or experience that Forum members may have which resulted in fixing a similar problem in their car will be greatly appreciated..[/QUOTE]