Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool radio? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it.

ipod car adapter for mercedes

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 AM
Default ipod car adapter for mercedes

Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to songs from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you recommend any? I was searching and the best reviews for connecting mobie devices has car adapter AUX Link. But before purchasing it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other solutions?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:22 AM

I bought AUX Link car adapter almost two years ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I expected to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation myself, but at any specialized workshop you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a Bluetooth hands-free car kit. Moreover you can control the playback using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car stereo. Highly recommended.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 AM

Guys, just wanted to share my personal experience. Finally made up my mind to buy car adapter AUX Link. Compared all the prices and it's really cheaper to buy it at the official online shop AUX Car Kits. The delivery took just five days. At first I decided to try to install it on my own, but had troubles extracting the head unit. So in the end I had it installed in the nearest service center. It took just 10 minutes. So far totally satisfied with the purchase.

Advantages:

- high quality sound
- can be used as a charger
- with Bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a car hands-free kit
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car stereo (really convenient)
- read all music formats
- compatible with my iOS devices, but there is also a 3.5 mm plug for other mobile devices
- delivery is free and fast
- occupies very little space and almost invisible
- now I can listen to all my favourite compositions without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- relatively expensive as I also purchased additional Bluetooth dongle
- could't easily take out the car stereo so had to go to service center

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth it.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:18 PM

There is not an Aux link available for the ML 320. Do you know of any other options to make the stereo aux compatible?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alex1981
Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to songs from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you recommend any? I was searching and the best reviews for connecting mobie devices has car adapter AUX Link. But before purchasing it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other solutions?
I use this adapter for my Mercedes SLK 2000. I bought multifunctional one, that apart from Apple devices supports USB, SD, AUX. All in all works fine. The only problem was delivery, because it took 8 days instead of promised 3-5